CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Everything Buddhism Book Reflection

I read The Everything Buddhism Book. I'm not completely done with it yet but I'll tell you about it anyways.

While reading his book I realized that there is no fixed I. We all change all the time so we cant say "I". "I" is an attachment if you let go of the attachment it is realizing enlightenment.

Another thing I learned was That when we desire we suffer. To stop suffering you must stop desiring. Even when we are happy we are suffering. For example you are very excited and happy because its your birthday and you cant wait to celebrate. You are going to have a pool party. But suddenly it starts raining. You are sad so you are now suffering.

I am enjoying this book. It is teaching me about a religion that I would like to follow.

0 comments: